Monday 1 March 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

This really should have been two posts but I forgot!
A few nights ago I was signing Mary's favourite lullaby "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" she joined in with both the signs and vocalisations and we had a lovely time.

Then last night she went to bed with her processors still on. After her milk she turned over and faced her wall. I thought while she could hear I would sing Twinkle Twinkle to her which I did. No signing and Mary was facing the wrong way in the dark. After the first couple of lines Mary turned to me and did the "Twinkle Twinkle" signs for the start of the song. I was so proud. Not only did she hear me but she understood the sound and showed me that she had understood. She then turned back. I finished the song and left her to go to sleep. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment